Field Sobriety Tests
Rochester Field Sobriety Tests
Learn About Field Sobriety Tests from a Skilled Rochester DWI Defense Lawyer
Field sobriety tests are a common way for police officers to determine the sobriety of a suspected intoxicated individual. These tests are often performed under conditions that are not always conducive to obtaining proper evidence, which means that the results of field sobriety tests are not always accurate.
I am Attorney Christopher K. Rodeman, and I understand the ramifications that can come from having your driver's license suspended or getting charged with a DWI after failing a field sobriety test. As such, I am committed to working with you to protect your future and defend your rights and driving privileges.
Types of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
The Standardized Field Sobriety Test battery consists of the three tests below:
- Walk-and-Turn: Used to determine stability and balance. If you waver, an officer may deem you intoxicated.
- One-Leg Stand: Also used as a stability test, any faltering or wavering while standing on one leg could be seen as intoxication.
- Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN): Usually, an offer will instruct you to follow their pen, penlight or another object with your eyes without moving your head. The officer will look for a slight “bounce” of your eye while it follows the moving object.
You Deserve Aggressive DWI Defense! Call Now for a Free Consultation.
Although it may seem frustrating to fail a field sobriety test, there are actually numerous defenses that could be used after an arrest. When you work with my firm, I will determine if there are any underlying causes of stress, medical conditions, weather, terrain or other circumstances that could have caused you to fail the Standardized Field Sobriety Test.
Additionally, I will review all evidence leading to your arrest to build a strong defense on your behalf., including:
- Evaluating why you were stopped by the arresting officer
- Examining dashboard camera videos
- Collecting and analyzing all police reports
Ready to get started? You can be confident that no stone will be left unturned when you work with Christopher K. Rodeman Attorney at Law after a DWI arrest.You have a limited amount of time to retain the assistance of a Rochester DWI defense attorney before your first hearing, so it is essential to contact my office as soon as possible. The quicker you gain my representation, the sooner I can begin developing a personalized strategy to help defend your future.